Writers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Samuel Adams Imperial Series Double Bock

I am a huge Sam Adams fan. Consistently good brew for an honest price. And as far as macro brewers go, it's one of the best. I plan on getting most of the Imperial Series down after trying this fantastic brew out.

As I poured it out of the bottle, it came out in a nice, brown, translucent color. There was also a slightly red tint to it. After the pour it formed a nice, off-white head that settled very quickly. Taking a whiff, there was a pretty sweet, almost fruity, aroma with a dash of hops. In my first sip, I got a nice, smooth, malty taste. It was followed by a nice hint of fruit and sweetness and it finished up with a nice kick at the end from the barley and the alcohol (9.5% is hard to mask). The texture, I thought, was fantastic. It was very filling - almost like bread. And the entire experience was very smooth. It has a smooth opening and an interesting bite at the end to finish it off.

Overall, I see this as yet another great session brew. Also, I think it would go great with a light dinner (simple burger or fish). Not too big though considering how heavy the brew does feel after you finish it. One of my favorite Sam Adams. I definitely see myself buying this again.

Appearance - 4.1
Smell - 4.2
Taste - 4.3
Texture - 4.5
Overall - 4.28/5

No comments:

Post a Comment