Writers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout

This is a little brother of another of our Top 50 brews. Sadly, it's not Oak Aged, but it's still Bad Ass. I had an interesting first experience with this brew when I used it to play Kings. Yeah - bad idea. At least this time I got to enjoy it.

This is yet another "motor oil" classified brew. It's very black, minimal dark-brown head and completely opaque. It smelled of barley and roasted spices. Also, there was a nice hint of liquorice which I particularlly enjoyed. As I tasted it, the first hit was bitter with a slightly chocolate ending. Also, it was pretty alcoholic to start. But, it evened out after that with a nice wholesome bouquet of flavors. The texture was very smooth and full. It had an almost coffee-like aftertaste. Also, there was an interesting carbonation/fizz at the finish which kept the brew interesting.

This was a fantastic brew to enjoy (not play Kings with). It had a nice combination of sweet and bitter flavors. I feel this would be a great dessert brew or something wholesome to finish the day off. I can't wait to try the Oak Aged version of it.

Appearance - 4.3
Smell - 4
Taste - 4.1
Texture - 4.4
Overall - 4.2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment