Writers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

This is a personal review of mine. I've had the 120 Minute IPA (quite possibly the strongest brew I've ever had), so I figured I should try out the roots of this fine brew and half the brewing time.

It pours a very golden color with a simple head and transparent body. It has a fruity smell with oranges in the aroma but not much else. It tastes quite bitter - like any good IPA will. It has that classic hint of orange and tart as well. But, it has a pretty thing complexion. It goes in slightly carbonated and once the bubbles part, bitterness sets in with that slight orange taste.

As I've noted before, I'm probably not a huge fan of the IPAs unless the alcoholic content is so high, I can't notice the taste (in the case of the 120 Minute). This was a decent brew and it was really nice to have with pizza (the meal I had while I reviews this). Just, if you're not a big IPA guy, don't expect this to change your mind about them.

Appearance - 4
Smell - 3.6
Taste - 3.8
Texture - 3.7
Overall - 3.78/5

No comments:

Post a Comment