Writers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Southampton Abbot 12

This is a personal review of mine. I found it sitting all alone in a fridge at BuyRite and I figured it'd be a nice taste to have for $10. Plus, how many quadruples have I disliked? That's right - none.

Pours a dark, amber color with a supple, creamy head. This is a very carbonated beer. It smelled very sweet with a mix of dark fruits (like dates and plums) and a nice mix of dark and light hops. There was also a dash of very smooth malts thrown into the batch. The taste started off very sweet, became mellow, and finished slightly bitter. Bits of dark fruits all over the place and a touch of sour notes at the very end. The texture was very bubbly, but smooth. The alcohol didn't burn but it definitely warmed the cockles of my heart.

Not a bad brew at all from this lowly Long Island company. It's not that far away, so I feel like I may have to try out a couple brews on tap at this place. I saw some other promising reviews of their other offerings on ratebeer, and this has interested me in the company. I may have to look into more.

Appearance - 4.1
Smell - 4
Taste - 3.9
Texture - 4.2
Overall - 4.05/5

No comments:

Post a Comment