Writers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Brooklyn Brewery Brown Ale

This was a brew that, when I was at the brewery, I died to try out. But, the taps were running dry with this flavor, so I had to hold off. So, when I got these brews to test, I made sure I got the Brown. Let's see how it was.

The Brown Ale pours a dark brown with a slight red tint and translucent body - just a bit of cloudiness. It had minimal head but very nice lacing along the glass. It had a nice roasted barley smell with a hint of fruit. It had a taste that was slightly reminiscent of an IPA. Hints of roasting and sweetness embodied the beer. The texture was a little disappointing. It went in smooth, but it mellowed out quickly and died with with hardly any fight but the hint of bitterness at the end.

This brew wasn't nearly as good as I was expecting it to be. But, it was a good brew. It went great with pizza and it's a nice, light-bodied ale to enjoy with a hearty meal. Definitely one to suggest, but not my favorite Brooklyn brew.

Appearance - 3.7
Smell - 4
Taste - 3.6
Texture - 3.5
Overall - 3.7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment