Writers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Brooklyn Brewery Pennant Ale 55

This was probably my favorite brew of the day when I went to the brewery on a tour. I'm hoping that when I have it again with a clear mind for judgement, it's just as good.

It pours with a nice brown complexion and a transparent body. It has a simple tan-ish head and excellent lacing. It had a bouquet of hops and barley. It was reminiscent of your standard-issue ale. This brew had a slight orange taste - strange. It also had some very smooth hops with a slight bitterness to it. It contrasted itself with some sweetness, as well. The texture is where this brew really shines. It starts smooth and goes to bitter with a nice flow. It was very smooth and had just the right amount of carbonation.

Overall, this brew impressed me just as much as it did at the brewery. It's by no means the best ale I've had in my life. But, it's a great, cheap brew that would go great with any meal or just as a session brew. One of my current staples in the Brooklyn arsenal.

Appearance - 3.9
Smell - 3.6
Taste - 3.6
Texture - 3.7
Overall - 3.7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment