Writers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hair of the Dog Fred

We are definitely on a run of barley wines tonight, and this is the last one up - from Hair of the Dog. Hair of the Dog holds a special place in my drinking heart seeing as they make one of my favorite beers, Hair of the Dog Adam (take a look at my review).

This beer pours orange/brown with a thin white head. An aroma of grapefruit and hops emanates from the glass, hopefully the taste is a little more distinct than the smell since there is not much going on.

This brew is different when compared to the other barley wines on one key aspect - hops. It is not nearly as hoppy as the other two or three I've had recently and is dominated by fruit instead of bitterness. If you aren't a fan of hops I would give this a try if you want to have any kind of barley wine.

Appearance - 3.7
Smell - 3.8
Taste - 4.2
Texture - 4.1
Overall - 3.95/5

No comments:

Post a Comment