Writers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stone Brewing Co. Arrogant Bastard Ale

I just love the name of this brew. The descriptions are pretty funny too. Check out their website to see it if you want.

This is a pretty good looking ale. It pours out nice and transparent with a golden/reddish color. The golden head was very full as well - even in my glass. One good whiff and you get a nice hint of hops. There was also a slight bit of fruit in it as well. I couldn't really detect what fruit it was but it seemed like a neutral fruit like apples. When you taste it, the frothy head is the first flavor to hit you with a followup of hops. In the middle, you get a hint of barley and it finishes off with the hops again. I didn't get the taste of fruit like I initially smelled. The aftertaste of the brew is pretty alcoholic, though. I did not perceive the texture as very smooth. The flow of the textures and tastes didn't really transition that well and I thought it was a pretty generic beer.

Overall, Arrogant Bastard Ale I see as a pretty good everyday or session brew. But if you're looking for a special brew for tasting or occasions, this isn't really a good choice.

Appearance - 4
Smell - 4
Taste - 3.7
Texture - 3.3
Overall - 3.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment