Writers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dogfish Head Theobroma

Ah, we meet again Dogfish Head. Here's another gem from the company that we obviously love more than life itself. Theobroma is a brew concocted from an ancient recipie with some really absurd ingredients like honey, cocoa powder, and....chilis? Err...

This brew poured a cloudy, amber color. It had a nice head that collapsed slowly to a thin foam. The aroma had a slight hint of honey and hops to it but not much else to warm you of the upcoming taste. The taste started off pretty sweet but ended with a spicy kick at the end. It was so weird and complex, Fonnie and I couldn't really come up with anything else it tasted like. The texture was very carbonated and thin. But, like the taste, it was extremely complex and crowded.

This brew I didn't particularly enjoy because of the spicy burn I felt well after I finished the beer. But, I did still enjoy it because it keeps with Dogfish Head's tradition of making beers that are so fucking out there, it can't do anything BUT amuse me.

Appearance - 3.9
Smell - 3.9
Taste - 3.6
Texture - 3.7
Overall - 3.78/5

No comments:

Post a Comment