Writers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dogfish Head Theobroma

Oh boy what a surprise, another Dogfish Head! Yay! Anyway... this traditional ale is light brown in color with a nice white head (that actually lasts). Although the head fades over time the aroma does not. It smells like honey, some strange malts that I can't quite pick out, and a sharp spicy smell. The taste is very peculiar and starts out sweet and sour and then quickly fades into spicy. Upon further inspection I notice the ingredient list of this brew: Honey, Cocoa, and Chilies. Umm what? This beer has crushed up chilies in it and thats no joke, it is by far the strangest ale I have ever tasted. The beer is gone and I still have a slight burning in the back of my throat: it lasts for about a half an hour. All in all it is still quite smooth and the "interesting" factor bumps up my rating a bit.

Appearance - 3.5
Smell - 3.2
Taste - 3.3
Texture - 3.5
Overall - 3.38/5

No comments:

Post a Comment