Writers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Elysian Dragonstooth Stout

The second I said enough with the dark stouts I go and review another one, I have a problem. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the first beer that I've had from the Elysian Brewing Co. so hopefully it'll be a good one.

This foreign stout pours extremely dark brown to black with a small caramel head and has a pleasant aroma of dark malts, licorice, barley, oats, and alcohol. The aroma is so strong that I can almost taste it, quite powerful. The taste is very sharp on the alcohol, surprising almost seeing how well it was masked from the aroma, and finishes with bitter barley, oats, and chocolate. Doesn't quite match up to the imperial stouts, but is is good none the less. If you are up for something a little less on the sweet side and a little more on the alcohol and oats side then this is the brew for you.

Appearance - 3.6
Smell - 3.6
Taste - 3.8
Texture - 3.6
Overall - 3.65/5

No comments:

Post a Comment