Writers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mikkeller Geek Breakfast Beer

It was in my hand, and then it was taken away from me. And then, I got it back. The Mikkeller was a beer that evaded me for months on end. But, we finally got it and now it is going to go into my belly. Omnomnom.

This beer pours very black with a very full, dark tan head and it produced a nice lacing swirled around in my snifter. The smell was of chocolate and a lot of coffee - expected of this Breakfast Brew. The taste followed in the same suit being mostly coffee. This beer also didn't taste that alcoholic and had slight chocolate notes. The Mikkeller was also quite frothy - very smooth and satisfying. The texture had no bite from the alcohol content and it was very smooth and had a nice bit of carbonation as well.

This beer goes great with chocolate dishes - probably best as a dessert beer but we had it in the morning with chocolate-based dishes. I had chocolate chip French toast and Fonnie had chocolate chip pancakes. A great way to start the day off - we suggest you try it.

Appearance - 4.2
Smell - 4.1
Taste - 4.2
Texture - 4.0
Overall - 4.13/5

No comments:

Post a Comment